It’s back to school time. That means it’s also time for rushed afternoons filled with homework, sports practices, tutoring, play dates, music or other lessons, and other errands or appointments that leads to more time in the car and less time to spend making a great family meal. A lot of moms find themselves relying on fat and sodium filled take-out or microwave fare, but you don’t need to fall into that trap! As long as you have your Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker handy, you can put a hot and healthy meal on the table for your family every night with minimal effort!
Weeknight Pressure Cooker Mushroom Risotto
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. wild mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups carnaroli or arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Chopped parsley and finely grated Parmesan (for serving)
- Special Equipment
- An electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot on medium heat, “Brown,” or “Sauté” and pour oil into cooker insert.
- Add mushrooms and cook until any moisture they’ve released is evaporated and they start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, stir to combine, and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until chalky white, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in stock.
- Lock on lid, making sure steam-release valve is in the proper sealed position.
- Select “Manual” and program for 5 minutes at high pressure (it will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build before cooking automatically begins).
- As soon as the time has elapsed, turn off cooker, “Quick Release” the steam, and unlock lid.
- Stir with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide risotto among bowls. Top with parsley and Parmesan and serve.
Toast up some crusty french bread, toss together a fresh green salad, and serve alongside a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio for a perfect weeknight dinner. #GirlsGoneWine
If you want to find more easy Instant Pot recipes like this one, you can find the article this recipe appeared in online at: http://www.epicurious.com – The Best Starter Recipes for Instant Pot by Emily Johnson. #ThisGirlLovesToEat