I hate the fuzz on fresh peaches but, on a whim, I grabbed a half dozen at the store this week because they smelled so damn good. Women’s Day Magazine had a recipe that satisfied my criteria for weeknight meals: simple ingredients and under 30 minutes to prepare! I’m not a fan of couscous, so I mad one minor change to the recipe and substituted quinoa. #GirlsGoneWine
Chicken with Peaches & Ginger
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Medium Fresh (peeled & sliced) or 12 oz. frozen peaches (no need to defrost)
- 1 TBSP packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook on one side until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Flip, cook for 1 minute, then scatter the peaches, sugar, thyme, and ginger over and around the chicken.
- Add the white wine, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the peaches are warm and starting to break down at the edges, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Serve the chicken, peaches and sauce over the quinoa and sprinkle with basil or parsley, if desired.