Dining with girlfriends on Sundays with Champagne. What’s better than that? Well, dining with girlfriends on Sundays at a restaurant that sits at the ocean’s edge and serves free flowing Champagne that feeds children with every glass we drink! #OneHopeWine #CaliforniaCelebrationBrutSparklingWine
It was a beautiful, clear & sunny, 85º Southern California Sunday, so I dropped the top and took a drive to Newport Beach for brunch at Waterline at The Balboa Bay Resort. The restaurant sits on the water with gleaming yachts docked right at the boardwalk that runs alongside the outdoor seating for the restaurant. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on Sunday!
I’m not normally a brunch buffet girl. I don’t like to gorge myself at meals (at least not on food) and the idea of getting into a buffet line to eat picked over food isn’t my idea of a good time. This brunch buffet is nothing like any I’ve eaten at before. There are no manned food stations, no steam trays with pre-prepared breakfast choices, and no obnoxious lines while someone cooks you an omelette, makes you a waffle or slices a minuscule portion of ham or roast beef here.
Instead, you are seated inside at an ocean view table or outside under an umbrella beside the aforementioned boardwalk, served a mimosa or glass of One Hope Sparkling Wine and given a menu with a variety of gourmet, chef-prepared hot brunch dishes. There was no rush to decide, so we went first to peruse the AMAZING cold food display of:
- Cheese and Characuterie,
- Breads, Crackers and Pastries, and
- fresh jumbo shrimp, huge crab legs & claws, ceviche on ice, and smoked salmon on bagels
Simple and Elegant!
The the brunch entreés we had to select from were as well:
- CRAB EGGS BENEDICT – (2) two English muffins, crab cakes, asparagus, fennel pollen, signature Hollandaise sauce, & crab claw garnish
- HALIBUT BLT – grilled halibut, avocado, bacon, lavash, & arugula
- STEAK & EGG – flat iron steak served with roasted potatoes, poached egg, arugula & Chimichurri sauce
- FITNESS FRITTATA – egg white, mozzarella, organic tomato, mushroom, asparagus, spinach, & pesto
- CHILAQUILES – fried tortillas, salsa roja, avocado, crema, & sunny side up egg
An admitted #CrabAddict, I went with the crab eggs Benedict. It was unbelievably good and, despite eating more from the cold buffet than I planned to, I ate every bite. #ThisGirlLovesToEat All-in-all, a great afternoon with the girls sharing giggles, gossip, good food & wine! #GirlsGoneWine