Ok, pay attention or you might miss it:
- Store Bought Pizza Dough
- Divide into individually sized rounds
- Throw on a hot grill until they’re puffed and charred, flipping once halfway through.
A couple of tips:
- Preheat your grill so it’s super hot
- Set the grilled flat breads out beside some of the ideas below for your guests to assemble and enjoy while you’re grilling the main dish!
You can top this easy grilled flatbread with whatever meat you’re grilling or easily turn it into an appetizer one of these ways:
- Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- Puréed black beans, sliced avocado, radishes, and pico de gallo
- Sliced plum tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, crema (or sour cream)
Or make it look like it does in the picture by preparing this easy recipe from the July 2012 Bon Appétit Magazine for Green Charmoula, a rich chile-herb sauce, is the perfect complement for grilled flatbread, steak or chicken breast charred on the grill or even drizzled it over seafood.
After reviewing the comments of those who have made the sauce, I reduced the olive oil by half and added 2 cloves of garlic as recommended.
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped peeled ginger
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pulse first 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until a coarse purée forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
DO AHEAD: Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let come to room temperature before using.